Battery Management Lead at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Lead Battery Management System (BMS) hardware development or be a key contributor to the technical effort, with a goal of unparalleled hardware safety and reliability for a new type of transportation, enabled by battery technology.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design and development of next-gen hardware for BMS
- Design and evaluate electrical systems, electronic circuit boards, components, and applications, including schematic design, component selection, and PCB layout
- Follow full life-cycle of product development process
- Assure product quality by performing worst-case circuit analyses, as well as designing testing methods and testing the components, circuits, and complete PCBs for product validation
- Lead the integration of hardware and software by working closely with software engineer in the team
- Ensure product robustness and reliability and support efforts to verify supplier quality.
What You’ll Need
- MS /BS degree in a relevant technical field (e.g. EE, ME, CS)
- 5+ years of experience designing high voltage, safety-critical circuitry for the transportation industry (BMS experience strongly preferred)
- Strong analog fundamentals and understanding of power electronics for application in HV architectural work
- Excellent design skills in analog, digital, and power electronics, including noise issues, power handling on PC boards, and isolation
- Detail oriented
- Hands-on experience with schematic circuit simulation / PCB layout
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI design practices and the relevant validation testing
- Familiarity with power semiconductors, microprocessors, DC-DC power supplies, and communication circuits
- Experience in producing at higher volumes preferred
- Personable, collaborative and strong communicator