Logistics Coordinator - New Mobilities at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a logistics coordinator, you will support our world class engineering/manufacturing teams on various daily tasks, including inventory management, shipping, receiving, and packaging.
What You’ll Do
- Pick, lift, organize and move standard hardware, raw material, purchased parts, machined details, and assemblies
- Interface with quality, purchasing and other teams to resolve problems related to receipt and distribution of material
- Assemble racks, locate parts, organize supplies, and any other tasks directed by the inventory control manager
- Assemble kits of parts, materials, and hardware as required and assure that all parts are accounted for and available in kit
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of stock
- Move parts between facilities
- Understand, identify and fulfill part demand and inventory minimums and maximums
- Follow best practices and safety standards for material handling
- Insure proper use, inspection and maintenance of equipment, including but not limited to pallet jacks and lift trucks
- Perform facilities maintenance duties as needed such as sweeping, dusting, and mopping
- Interface with various inventory and administrative applications
What You’ll Need
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Exemplary analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills