Certification Engineer - JUMP Hardware at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Compliance Engineer to enable the hardware development of our next-generation electric scooter sharing products. IoT devices, electric drivetrains, batteries, and outdoor charging stations are a crucial piece of our product offering, and the regulatory environment around them is evolving quickly. We need to grow our team so that we can efficiently validate that our products are safe and certifiable - and in doing so, continue our leadership position in defining the standards of this new industry.
What You’ll Do
- Review our product categories and operating markets and use this information to research necessary certifications and testing procedures for entering and operating in those markets.
- Align with business team and certification team
- Work with component vendors, test labs and government agencies as needed to move projects through initial, final, and recurring certification scopes.
- Work with manufacturing partners to ensure that products are being developed to meet necessary certifications
- Manage the controlled introduction of new products, establish testing plans, and organize pilot production runs to ensure that large-volume production runs maintain certification criteria.
- Perform documentation, monitoring, testing and maintain repository of test reports and necessary approvals
- Create and document test plans, oversee and monitor the execution of tests, and interpret the test results.
- Prepare technical justification and technical documents to demonstrate compliance to applicable standards.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum five years with Hardware Certification, Compliance, and Regulatory experience.