Credit Sesame is the nation’s only full-lifecycle credit management service that helps consumers achieve financial wellness. Since 2010, we’ve helped millions improve their financial health, at no cost to them, by offering the best tools possible to access, understand, use, and protect their credit so they can lead better lives.
We are a fast-growing, nimble startup, and we succeed only because of our amazing teammates and our strong, positive culture.
We are seeking a Head of PR and Communications to build our brand. In this role, you will create and manage our strategic communications plan across multiple mediums, including press, social media, content, and events. If you have a track record of dramatically growing the awareness of consumer brands through impactful storytelling, this role is for you!
- managing the development, implementation, and coordination of our strategic communications plan in support of long-term brand building;
- overseeing the delivery of communications campaigns across press, social media, events, awards, and our blog to elevate our brand awareness within key audiences;
- cultivating relationships and engaging with journalists, editors, and other influencers to manage ongoing media relations with a focus on top-tier publications;
- developing messaging for the Leadership, Marketing, and Product teams to project a positive corporate image on both external and internal mediums;
- developing a plan to assess the impact of our communications programs and identify ways to optimize our brand-building opportunities;
- collaborating with our Recruiting and HR teams to enhance our employer and talent acquisition brand;
- managing our content distribution efforts with top-tier publications in close collaboration with our organic marketing efforts;
- growing and managing a team to build our brand through the press, content marketing, social media, and events.
You’ll make an impact because…
- you have deep experience developing and managing comprehensive strategic communications to advance the mission, brand, and goals for several consumer brands;
- you are a superb storyteller who can craft and tailor compelling narratives to different audiences, including journalists, consumers, and investors;
- you know how to hire the right people for the team;
- you have exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills, along with the ability to effectively interface with senior management;
- you have a thorough understanding of digital communications—especially social media;
- you have a track record of developing strong relationships with top-tier journalists and publications;
- you act with urgency and manage outcomes when critical issues arise;
- you have a strong orientation toward collaboration and creating buy-in to bring together internal and external stakeholders;
- you are comfortable measuring the effectiveness of communications across print, social, television, and other mediums;
- you have seasoned judgement on communications in regulated industries;
- you are passionate about improving the credit wellness of our millions of users.
You’ll love working with us because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- we have meals catered twice a week;
- we offer both free on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.