Credit Sesame is the nation’s only full-lifecycle credit management service that helps consumers achieve financial wellness. Since 2010, we’ve helped millions improve their financial health, at no cost to them, by offering the best tools possible to access, understand, use, and protect their credit so they can lead better lives.
We are a fast-growing, nimble startup, and we succeed only because of our amazing teammates and our strong, positive culture.
Credit Sesame is looking for a hands-on Frontend Engineering Lead to take the reins of building our next-generation web client. Have you built a React-based high-traffic web application? Have you built a small and agile engineering team? Do you enjoy working with product managers and designers? Are you passionate about bringing together design with technology to create user experiences that delight our users? If so, this role is for you.
- owning the execution, delivery, and scaling of consumer-facing product features;
- leading and mentoring our growing frontend engineering team;
- working closely with product managers and designers to launch solutions for our users;
- implementing and ensuring that prototypes are optimized into production code;
- collaborating with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems;
- fostering a culture of ownership, accountability, measurement, and testing.
You’ll make an impact because…
- you have top-notch React skills;
- you’ve been a leading frontend architect for at least one application; you’ve led multiple engineers in a distributed team;
- you have over 8 years of engineering experience and have recently had substantial full-stack exposure;
- you iterate quickly on product changes through experience with Agile/Scrum framework;
- you’ve successfully developed user stories.
You’ll love working with us because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- we have meals catered twice a week;
- we offer both free on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.