Credit Sesame is the nation’s only full-lifecycle credit management service that helps consumers achieve financial wellness. Since 2010, we’ve helped millions improve their financial health, at no cost to them, by offering the best tools possible to access, understand, use, and protect their credit so they can lead better lives.
We are a fast-growing, nimble startup, and we succeed only because of our amazing teammates and our strong, positive culture.
We’re looking for Senior Data Analyst who can help drive business intelligence efforts and support the growth of our Analytics team by generating data-driven insights that will inform our core business strategies. If you have a curious nature, possess the grit to tackle tough analytical problems, and want to be part of a team that helps create innovative products so millions can improve their credit wellness, then this opportunity is for you!
- mining data from large SQL databases;
- building models that lead to better insights and business understanding;
- designing and maintaining reports and dashboards to track Credit Sesame’s KPIs;
- assuring data quality and data integrity for revenue and business development;
- working with data source owners and developing project plans;
- generating creative insights beyond the scope of supporting reactive requests;
- acting as an evangelist for the power of data to drive decisions and generate insights;
- mentoring junior team members.
You’ll make an impact because…
- you have 2+ years of experience in data analytics;
- you’re an expert in statistics, econometrics, and data science, and you have the experience and education to back it up;
- you have a command of machine learning techniques and tools (K-means, Naïve Bayes, SVM, etc.), and you’re familiar with lifting model performance to get world-class results;
- you’re comfortable analyzing large data sets and interpreting data flow diagrams;
- you can use Python and R to analyze and solve complex business problems;
- you can produce correct and efficient SQL queries, and you have sufficient mastery to design useful databases;
- you have the adaptability and agility needed to succeed in a high-growth startup environment along with the perseverance and passion to uncover actionable insights;
- you’re excited about the potential FinTech has to disrupt the traditional delivery of finance services;
- you have an e-commerce or technology background (preferred);you have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field of study (preferred).
You’ll love working with us because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- we have meals catered twice a week;
- we offer both free on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.