Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class customer success team to drive adoption in enterprise. You will be supporting a product that transforms how research teams work together. Core responsibilities of this role revolve around building a strong relationship with the customer and developing a deep understanding of their R&D process. You will leverage this to drive implementation, on-boarding, and adoption of the Benchling platform.
- Support the post-sales team through strong product knowledge and owning key rollouts tasks. These include product configurations, training users, data migration, and technical support.
- Understand customer's scientific workflows to develop tailored training material and meeting content. Discover customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes, and identify opportunities for business expansion.
- Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral. Help us build a lever to accelerate adoption of Benchling.
- Develop deep relationships with our customers, including scientists, heads of research, IT managers, and other stakeholders.
- BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You empathize with scientists and can quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- Strong communication skills. You are an excellent presenter and can quickly connect with a range of industry stakeholders, including scientists, project leads, and executives.
- Diplomatic. You can work through challenging client requests and provide appropriate corrective actions.
- Autonomous and proactive. Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful given limited initial infrastructure.
- Curious, creative, and and tenacious. You are an advocate for customers and roll up your sleeves to help get a customer on-boarded.