Tintri builds storage. Those three words may not light your hair on fire … but it’s lighting up our customers’ lives. They are all excited about the agility of public cloud—AWS, Azure, etc.—and Tintri puts all that agility right inside their data centers. That’s no small feat. To deliver on that promise, we had to build an all-flash architecture that is completely distinct from legacy solutions—using a building block approach akin to public cloud. And it’s just one signal that at Tintri, employees get to work on projects that are well … unconventional, challenging and high impact.
The desire to stand apart has also helped Tintri get noticed. CDW is the biggest reseller in the business—we were just named their Partner of the Year. In both Gartner Magic Quadrants covering our space we’re recognized as a Visionary. And we’re growing: more than 1,000 organizations—including 20% of the Fortune 100—trust Tintri. Please consider trusting the next stage of your career to Tintri, too.
- Develop functional design specifications for server components of cloud management platform.
- Develop server components in Java and related technologies
- Design and develop features to perform compute and storage management delivered in the cloud as SaaS.
- Write application code following best practices for horizontally scalable and geo-distributed environment
- Deliver code in a CI/CD and Agile team environment
- Analyze the performance characteristics of backend modules. Identify inefficiencies and bottlenecks. Propose, implement and test fixes.
- Design and develop highly scalable persistence layer to handle millions of VMs
- Design and develop algorithms to solve complex applications problems, system administration and other network concerns.
- Create implementation and test plans. Develop software and implement test cases according to these plans.
- Ensure that work is completed on time to meet the business requirements by following procedures for source code control, unit testing, end-to-end testing, and design documentation
- Ensure the stability and scalability of new features and the interoperability with pre-existing system architecture. Collaborate with other developers to select appropriate design solutions.
- Communicate effectively with individuals of varying technical abilities and professional backgrounds
- Document installation and operating procedures, best practices, troubleshooting guides and related information
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field.
- 10+ years of development experience designing and implementing web based backend components in JAVA
- Experienced in building management platforms for compute/network/storage
- Experienced in developing SaaS services in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiar with Automation and Orchestration technologies and tools, DevOps, PaaS, Containers/Microservices spanning Multiple Cloud Operating Environments (VMware, OpenStack, Microsoft, Public Cloud)
- Deep experience in Agile development
- Knowledge of OOP principles and practices
- Outstanding skills as a Java developer
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred: Cassandra, Neo4J, Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Map Reduce, SQL and No SQL database experience at scale
- Experience in using Virtualization and Cloud Technologies as a developer. (Desired)
- Experience in application web server frameworks (Desired)
- Prior experience of using and developing REST APIs (Desired)
- Prior experience in Storage, Network, and/or System Management is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and communications skills is a must
Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible, positive attitude
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.