IfOnly is a startup building the world’s premier marketplace for incredible experiences. On the two-sided marketplace, members can find something unique to do in their city and luminaries can share their talent and build their business with IfOnly’s proprietary system. From meeting premium clientele to promoting their experiences in a curated, safe environment, top luminaries trust IfOnly to help them build their brand while benefiting important causes.
Who are we looking for?
IfOnly, the leading marketplace for unique experiences, is searching for a Social Media & Content Manager; who is a creative, highly motivated individual focused on establishing IfOnly’s voice in the marketplace and our existing community. Focused on clear, integrated storytelling as well as developing online communication around music, entertainment, sports, style, adventure, and culinary topics and benefits of our products and business model. We are looking for an individual who can develop and implement our social strategy by identifying the best possible story for the right audience. Not just content for the sake of content but identifying the most effective narratives to drive awareness for our brand and our online community. The Social Media & Content Manager is a critical role to engage with IfOnly community advocates, develop influencer programs to spread the word about IfOnly offerings and nurture a positive social conversation around the luminary and local business. This position creates winning strategies and plans, executes, monitors and deploys learnings to drive continuous improvement. Reporting to the VP of Consumer Marketplace, the Social Media & Content Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and execution of attention grabbing social media content and content management plan to support our nationwide & local marketing efforts to boost community engagement, brand awareness, increase market share, and enable sales.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy across paid, influencer and owned social media channels.
- Identify and build relationships with key influencers (bloggers, social media, and others of note) in the music, entertainment, sports, style, adventure, and culinary communities who will drive visibility and credibility for the IfOnly brand and share our message.
- Perform competitive market and industry research and create strategies for specific social media channels to leverage opportunities in each market segment.
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials.
- Develop editorial calendar for social media and IfOnly’s blog to share quality experience content and IfOnly success stories.
- Promote IfOnly’s key experiences at the national and local level with the goal of awareness and acquiring new users.
- Monitor competition social media & content engagement efforts and identify best practices.
- Stay current with industry social & content engagement best practices and implement strategies to increase the reach and impact of your content pieces. * Monitor the social conversion and respond where appropriate to engage the community, solve customer issues and maintain positive sentiment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing Communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook.
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms.
- Understand and use social networks for personal use. A passion for being social online and offline.
- 4+ years of experience in B2B or B2C communications, social channels and community management/engagement.
- Understanding of SEO concepts and the ability to write SEO-friendly content.
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that align with brand strategies, experience developing, managing and engaging an online community.
- Basic writing skills are a must. Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis and acronyms.
- A plus would be someone with great web research skills, experience in using Word, Excel and social/digital media outlets.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and flexibility, as well as adaptability to working in a fast-pace environment.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter.