IfOnly is a startup building the world’s premier marketplace for incredible experiences. On the two-sided marketplace, members can find something unique to do in their city and luminaries can share their talent and build their business with IfOnly’s proprietary system. From meeting premium clientele to promoting their experiences in a curated, safe environment, top luminaries trust IfOnly to help them build their brand while benefiting important causes.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Brand Copywriter to bring IfOnly to life. From our website to our customer communications, we are looking for a Copywriter who can connect with our customer base, tailoring the messaging based on the specific channel. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative and able to easily adapt to rapid changes in consumer preferences. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and understanding the need to personalize our messaging. As the in-house copywriter, you will produce all outward-facing text, including site copy, product descriptions, blog posts, emails, and marketing collateral. Candidates must be self–motivated and comfortable working on tight deadlines. Experience descriptions should have personality, but also help customers find what they are looking for while elegantly conveying crucial information and piquing the customer’s imagination and leading them to purchase. Email content should be engaging and inspire further exploration. The ideal candidate will have experience writing for e-commerce and/or high-end luxury brands. When applying, please attach cover letter (with salary requirements), resume, and two writing samples that are reflective of one of our categories and/or sub-categories (e.g. fashion, food, wine, sports, music) and note in your cover letter which categories you would be able to speak to most fluently.
- Own the voice of the brand
- Write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy, helping to set a standard and voice for the brand
- Write and copyedit celebrity biographies, product descriptions, and other editorial content
- Oversee all outward facing text ensuring quality, accuracy, and consistency
- Maintain IfOnly’s voice across marketing and brand materials in both print and digital mediums
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications or English
- Experience in producing long and short form copy for digital and print channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously and manage workloads effectively
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment
- Editorial experience with copy and headlines
- Understanding of SEO concepts and the ability to write SEO-friendly content
- Familiarity with web-based applications and proficient working in content management systems
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in English, writing, or journalism
- Strong knowledge of AP style
- 4+ years of professional editorial experience
- Knowledge of luxury lifestyle categories
Please submit your résumé and cover letter.