nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking a proven HR professional with exceptional skills to provide leadership and strategic execution in support of the company’s continued growth. The successful candidate will collaborate with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team in building upon the existing HR talent and framework.
- Lead the development and administration of HR policies and programs related to recruitment, staffing, compensation, benefits, risk management, organizational and employee development, performance management, and employee relations
- Drive a comprehensive talent system that attracts new talent to the company and develops the existing employee base while integrating diversity and inclusion programs.
- Enhance the HR team's ability to drive critical compliance, governance, strategy alignment, investment prioritization, metrics and continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of external factors to forecast business and human capital trends that will affect the business.
- Work with management of all levels on a variety of HR and business related issues, both strategic and operational.
- Evaluate current compensation/benefits/rewards strategy; propose and implement HR programs that serve to motivate employees and maintain competitiveness.
- BA degree and 10 years of experience in a senior HR role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in core HR disciplines, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training and development through progressive HR roles.
- Demonstrated success implementing creative, efficient, and user-friendly HR programs and solutions
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated success managing, mentoring, and developing HR subordinates.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and listening skills (written, verbal & presentation).
- Detailed understanding of relevant HR regulations
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.