At Signifyd we’re creating a new market. We’re constantly improving and expanding the technology that has changed what fraud protection for e-commerce looks like. So we don’t have time for office politics. We understand that different people have different work styles and we thrive on variety while learning from each other. We’re all Signifyers, so we know that what needs to get done will get done.
Signifyd is a place where no one is going to tell you how to do your job. If you want help, you'll get it — from all quarters. But we pretty much figure out what needs to be done, who's in the best position to do it and then let that person roll-up her or his sleeves and have at it.
We're protecting retailers from online fraud in a way that's never been done before and we could use your help if you're someone:
- Who believes challenges are best overcome by thinking differently.
- Who knows his or her role, but isn’t confined by it.
- Who’s greatest satisfaction comes from helping customers succeed and achieve their dreams.
- Who isn’t afraid to disagree, convincingly, civilly and honestly.
- Who will stop and hold the door for a colleague, even if you’re running late.
Oh, and a few particulars for this role:
- Work on system level projects, improve performance, scale capacity, reduce costs, and secure data
- Work with multiple Engineering teams to determine long-term vision and design architecture
- Automate new and existing processes/environment to build, test and deploy software and infrastructure
- Research new and emerging technologies for future consideration
- Define and improve new and existing infrastructure for performance monitoring and anomaly detection
- Quickly react to issues and troubleshoot as a leader working across multiple teams
- You're technical.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and code. We use Java for our products and Python for our tools, but your opinion will be welcomed.
- You understand that iteration is the way to consistently make systems better and more reliable over time.
- You understand that metrics, monitoring, and alerting are necessary to having a reliable service.
- You believe that anything can be automated and probably should be.
- You believe that developer experience is important.
- You believe in simple, unified tools that enable others to manage their own services.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and can communicate your ideas effectively.
- You keep the future in mind when making decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience developing high traffic 24/7 SaaS products.
- Be proactive, multi-task efficiently, detail oriented, work well in a team and individually, and lead by example.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills across the full stack to identify and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Strong understanding of build systems (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Experience with container technology (e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Experience with various AWS services.
- Design and develop microservices from scratch.
- Knowledge of orchestration/automation tools such as Chef, Ansible or Salt.
- Knowledge of Linux administration, performance monitoring and debugging tools.
- Good background in security, networking, server hardware, cloud services, and container technology.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
Java, Python, Cassandra, MySQL, Solr, Apache Spark, Play! framework, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS