Benchling is a software platform for groundbreaking life science research: gene therapy, cellular immunotherapy, synthetic biology, and more. Our mission is to accelerate research and magnify its impact by bringing modern software to this historically underserved space. We offer R&D teams a suite of applications for molecular biology, note-taking, registration, sample tracking, request fulfillment, and workflow management.
The company was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and Thrive Capital. Our customers range from pharmaceutical giants to leading biotech startups to some of the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Talent Sourcer who loves sourcing, loves finding needles in the haystack, and loves winning by creating a compelling story for every future Benchling.
- Become an expert at understanding and crisply articulating the archetype of a Benchling
- Work alongside business leadership to deeply understand their current and future talent needs
- Support business leadership and the recruiters in prospecting, sourcing and engaging future Benchlings
- Develop, nurture and maintain a network of potential future Benchlings
- Own full cycle sourcing from intake to prospect / candidate conversion
- Develop and drive key metrics
- Own, design and proactively push sourcing insights in order to drive ongoing optimization
This role might be for you if
- You genuinely enjoy sourcing, understanding the nitty gritty of a what makes a successful candidate and get really pumped when your candidates make it all the way through the hiring process
- Sourcing is your career. You may have tried recruitment in the past but decided that sourcing is more fun and you plan on growing this way
- You are open minded, believe in building an inclusive workplace and are always looking for ways to better yourself
- You have been sourcing for a while, have successfully done it in San Francisco with Engineers and Sales
- You understand why it is more fun sourcing and hiring for a small start-up than a massive brand