Benchling is a platform for groundbreaking life science research: gene therapy, cellular immunotherapy, synthetic biology, and more. Our mission is to accelerate research and magnify its impact by bringing modern software to this historically underserved space. The company was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and Thrive Capital. Our customers range from pharmaceutical giants to leading biotech startups to some of the world's most renowned research institutes.
The Marketing Associate will play a key role in supporting and executing a range of marketing programs. You will work closely with the CMO and other members of the marketing team. This role is a great opportunity to work across different campaigns including events, demand generation, and online marketing. We are looking for an energetic, organized go-getter who is results-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-spaced environment.
- Support the events manager on industry trade shows as well as Benchling events such as happy hours, executive dinners, and seminars.
- Participate in all aspects of events planning and execution including event logistics, vendor selection and coordination, sponsorships, event promotion, attendee communication, and post-event follow-up.
- Assist with webinar and other demand generation programs.
- Support digital marketing campaigns including SEO, online and social media advertising, and online content distribution.
- Help with designing and updating marketing assets using tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Support creation of product/customer videos in collaboration with other marketing team members.
- Coordinate and track budgets, project timelines, and production schedules.
- Measure and report on performance of different marketing programs and campaigns.
- 1-3 years experience in marketing
- BA or BS in biology, life sciences, or related field strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys interfacing with customers
- Comfortable picking up new technologies
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Experience with video production a bonus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, Google Analytics, and Wordpress a bonus
- Willing to travel