Senior Analyst Restaurant Growth Analytics and Insights, Uber Eats - San Francisco and NYC at Uber
New York, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
You’ll be driving the right insights to help our stakeholders focus their energy and attention on the most important strategic priorities. Identifying the key opportunities to power improved business performance and helping to determine the areas where each group can contribute to our broader goals.
What You’ll Do
- Lead projects that leverage data and analytics to develop an in-depth understanding of Restaurants (compelling ‘stories’ and synthesized insights) and acquisition/growth funnel performance. Identify opportunity areas, influence cross-functional partners, and execute projects to deliver sustained and material growth
- Partner with technical (data science, data engineering, systems) teams to cleanse, access, link, and analyze data from structured and unstructured environments to establish infrastructure to standard metrics, automate reports globally, and facilitate data discovery and deep-dive analyses
- Collaborate with business (Restaurant acquisition, onboarding, account management) teams to design and operationalize the use of foundational cascading reports to ensure the health of acquisition and growth funnels (e.g., benchmarking, gap-to-goal, root cause/driver analyses)
- Work directly with Sales and Sales Operations leaders on analytical projects that provide insights to understand business context and market opportunity, surface gaps and opportunities, and develop business plans to build cross-functional alignment on actions improve Restaurant success and business growth
- Collaborate and closely partner with Sales, Operations, Product, Community Operations, Finance, Marketing, Data Science, Business Systems, and Data Architects/Engineers to ensure successful initiatives
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of experience in B2B organizations working cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Product, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Support in both mature and high growth start-up environments
- 4+ years of leading analytics projects (e.g., Customer, product, marketing) with high proficiency in quantitative analyses, influencing and informing with data (e.g., funnel, cohorts, benchmarks, voice of the Customer), and leveraging analytical methods to drive Customer and business outcomes
- Self starter with an analytical orientation; empathetic and leans in and embraces rolling up your sleeves; skilled at balancing between short-term needs and long-term investments; thrives on change and comfortable with ambiguity; collaborative, and process-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences, as well as stakeholder management and project management
- High proficiency in cleansing, accessing, linking, and analyzing data from structured and unstructured data environments (e.g., SQL, Python, R, SPSS) and partnering with Data Architects/Engineers to establish infrastructure to facilitate adoption of standardized metrics/reports and data discovery for non-technical analysts
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust. Strong references from former employers and business partners; passion for building relationships
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operational research)