Director, Marketing Operations at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is looking for a Director, Marketing Operations and Planning to be responsible for planning, prioritization, functional capacity planning, our marketing roadmap and go to market execution for US/CA. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams that have executed multi-channel marketing campaigns for large brands.
This position is responsible for understanding the marketing business goals and ensure the team is best utilizing it's the tools, systems, processes, and people to execute marketing programs on time, with the highest possible quality.
What You’ll Do
- Planning & Measurement:
- Partner with leaders in marketing and other leaders in the organization to define, socialize and implement a planning framework in which to operate and measure business from a marketing perspective.
- Keep marketing functions accountable to goals and committed actions by coordinating measurement plans & reporting against program KPI’s.
- Manage the marketing roadmap & drive a fully integrated marketing calendar
- Collaborate with other teams and partners, and leverage their output to gain efficiencies.
- Go to Market Execution:
- Lead marketing operations functions including plan maintenance and prioritization, capacity planning, tooling, agency roster management (in partnership with procurement).
- Collaborate with marketers to on execution of marketing campaigns and evergreen marketing across multiple channels, including email, paid, search, social, and web.
- Developing and enforcing best-in-class standards and guidelines for marketing operation.
- Marketing governance system.
- Drive action-oriented marketing business reviews on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis that socialize insights and drive actionable outputs.
- Run set of meetings to review key issues & make decisions.
- Point of entry for cross enterprise initiatives that require marketing needs.
- Capacity planning & prioritization of initiatives.
- Partner with the marketing finance & procurement organization to maintain accurate and actionable, efficient budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with internal legal and procurement processes
- Managing, inspiring, and growing a cross-disciplinary 30 person team for operations and platform management.
- Lead embedding & improving the functional competency framework across marketing
- Initiate a marketing learning system that includes a process monitoring & improvement system
What You’ll Need
- Strategic marketing experience ideally in brand or product marketing
- Strong leader: Ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to design, build, and manage cross-disciplinary teams to operationally deliver digital, paid marketing campaigns
- Conceptual and strategic thinker: Ability to solve marketing problems through the application of applied technology
- Ability to interpret, and apply policies and procedures and help define new policies/procedures for emerging technologies and environments
- Reliable change agent: Ability to drive change via setting priorities, motivating partners and executing on commitments
- Action-oriented self-starter: Ability to identify/solve problems with passion, energy, a detail orientation, and enthusiasm to drive results
- Resource planning and capacity planning experience
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Comfortable with reporting tools, dashboards, and data visualization
- Ability to succeed in a highly matrixed organization, understand priorities, and manage multiple tracks of business
- Ability to interpret campaign strategies and goals to ensure successful delivery
- Familiarity with Agile practices desirable
- Familiarity with reporting dashboards for digital media a plus
- 10-15 years of directly relevant practical experience desired
- Formal Project or Program Management experience a plus