District of Columbia, US / New York City, NY, US / San Francisco, CA, US
Clarifai is an artificial intelligence company that excels at visual recognition. We do not sell an abstract, futuristic technology - we sell a solution that people can use today to solve real-world problems. We believe that the same AI technology that gives big tech companies a competitive edge should be available to developers and businesses. That’s why we build products to make it easy, quick, and inexpensive for them to innovate with AI, go to market faster, and build better customer experiences. We make “teaching” AI just as accessible as we make using AI, which is why our technology is the most personalized, unbiased, accurate solution in the market.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
In the newly created role as Clarifai’s Vice President of Sales, you will report to the CEO and provide sales leadership to grow repeatable commercial revenue through the sale of Clarifai’s API, Mobile SDK and on-premise solutions for our enterprise customers. You will also develop a scalable approach to growing the sales team including recruiting, training, and managing a team of exceptional account executives and sales development representatives.
This role requires a combination of technical and customer-facing skills. We’re looking for someone both hands-on as well as strategic to grow our revenue and develop our sales team.
As our VP of Sales, you will:
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive sales playbook to drive enterprise adoption of Clarifai’s platform.
- Build, hire, and develop a team of account executives, sales development representatives, and sales engineers to showcase Clarifai as the industry leader.
- Partner with marketing to help foster and develop marketing leads and self-serve signups into revenue generating customers.
- Develop a sales strategy to grow our repeatable revenue internationally.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to deliver customer feedback that can inform our roadmap to maximize Clarifai’s customer value.
- Develop a growing, talented salesforce through the creation of a sales training program to quickly ramp new folks while maintaining a high level of sales acumen for new products.
- Maintain ownership and oversight over the commercial revenue number for Clarifai while delivering revenue at or above quota quarter over quarter.
- Maintain impeccable sales data quality in our CRM for tracking leads and opportunities, generating regular reports and forecasts for the CEO and our Board.
- Work with services in pre-qualification and scoping to craft proposals that ensure new customers will experience successful deployments.
- Manage the post-sales support services function effectively for customer satisfaction.
What you bring:
- You have at least 10+ years of a proven track record in sales leadership roles and an impressive Rolodex of B2B enterprise customers in a SaaS environment. Experience in AI and machine learning is a huge plus.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar program.
- Executive-level communication with customer-facing experience and confidence in presenting both technical solutions and business impact.
- Stellar track record of building high-performing sales teams and delivering or exceeding revenue targets.
- Can-do ability to meet timelines while managing multiple initiatives at a time.
- Passionate about working across Clarifai with our core values in collaborating, taking calculated risks, timely execution, and quality delivery.
- An entrepreneurial “own the outcome” mindset with a strategic approach to establishing and prioritizing sales goals, focused objectives, and target results.
- Ability to develop strategic sales compensation plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the company.
Communication is key at Clarifai and we want to make sure you’re set up for success.
In the first month, you’ll start off by learning the ropes, specifically;
- Get lay of the land with our current sales process, reporting, and our awesome team
- Meet with our customers to get up to speed on the impact we provide
- Make recommendations to streamline current processes
- Learning Clarifai’s technology to nail down your elevator pitch
Within 3 months, you will have gained confidence in the code and will:
- Help to plan the sales training process, playbooks, and future hiring plan
- Accelerate the sales cycle by optimizing processes within the sales team
- Continue to learn Clarifai’s technology to be comfortable with our customers.
- Grow the current team through sales management and hiring additional members, structured across the product line, geography or other dimensions as you determine.
- Overhaul sales data and reporting to begin accurate forecasting for your team.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Have a significant impact on revenue growth both in individual deals and as a result of improved sales team effectiveness.
- Have grown the sales team to an adequate size of ramped reps for our current run rate.
- Accurate forecasting through 2019 and 2020 of revenue growth
- Expand our business into new market verticals and geographies around the globe
The position can be located in New York City, San Francisco, or Tysons Corner, VA.