Sr Tax Analyst, U.S. Indirect Tax at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add an Indirect Tax Senior Analyst to our rapidly growing tax team! This role will report to our U.S. Indirect Tax team and support our domestic tax function. This is an amazing opportunity to join our expanding tax team and to make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced global environment, with a can-do attitude this may be the opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual sales/use and indirect tax returns in multiple jurisdictions including processing payments
- Assist with property tax compliance including preparing property tax returns, processing payments and appeals
- Reconcile tax accounts on a quarterly basis or review as needed
- Assist in responding to notices and information requests from taxing authorities, including audits
- Research indirect tax issues and implement and/or change procedures to ensure proper compliance
- Research, analyze and compose technical memorandums as assigned
- Assist with state and local business registrations
- Assist in documenting processes and special projects as assigned
- Collaborate seamlessly with the operations, legal, tax and accounting teams on various projects
- Assist with maintaining Indirect Tax compliance calendar
- Improve current and create new processes for managing daily indirect tax functions
- Participate in special projects and research assignments
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Three to five years tax experience in a multi-state environment with solid sales and use tax concepts and laws required
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, collaborative self starter with ability to engage in, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with multiple team members in a fast-paced environment and flexible with change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Proficient with tax research tools, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
Bonus Points If
- Masters Degree in Tax, JD and/or CPA certification preferred
- Public Accounting and/or high tech industry experience a plus
- Oracle or similar ERP system experience a plus
- SQL and Python experience a plus
About the Team
We build scalable and controlled processes for Global Tax, Global Accounting and International Compliance.