Senior Analyst, Financial Controls Program Management at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Financial Controls Program Manager will be responsible for the execution of the Financial Risk Management strategy to build a world class FRM program, through successful implementation of controls to respond to risk within the finance function. The successful applicant will work within the Finance organization, working closely with business process owners, Uber’s Internal Audit team and external auditors to address financial risk by maintaining an effective and efficient control environment.
What You’ll Do
- Work with control owners to evaluate, design, develop and implement effective and efficient financial controls
- Partner with Internal Audit to improve processes and coordinate remediation plans for deficiencies, tracking through to completion
- Project manage major financial audits and support internal and external auditors in facilitating audits from a risk and controls perspective
- Work with emerging business lines to ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization
- Build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for key financial processes
- Perform management testing of controls and provide feedback to control owners
- Coordinate the completion of risk assessments, ensuring that compliance responsibilities are achieved
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 3 - 6 years of audit (internal or external), controls, compliance or risk management experience
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to “Lean in” to assist control owners to complete controls to an acceptable standard where required
Bonus Points If
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, monitoring and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.