Senior Accountant at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Accounting Operations team. This is a crucial role that will assist in overseeing general accounting operations in a fast-paced, pre-IPO environment. In this role, you will be drive month-end close, shape key accounting processes, and work on strategic projects as the business continues to expand globally. The ideal candidate has a strong accounting background and can leverage current skill set to work closely with the business to build upon current processes.
What You'll Do
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Assist in managing month-end close, prepare journal entries, and review/prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Help in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Lead accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Help in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Work closely with outsourced accounting team and continue to train and develop the team
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years professional experience, with at least 2 years relevant month-end close experience
- M&A and purchase accounting experience is preferred
- Team player attitude, you have the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is strongly preferred
- CPA preferred
About the Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.