Manager, Internal Audit Operations at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking to hire an Internal Audit Manager, Operations. We’re looking for a candidate with extensive business process and controls experience who is excited to help build and maintain the operational audit program at Uber. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working within a high-performing function to support a large global operation. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Senior Manager, Operations Audit
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the development of an operational audit plan that aligns with the risk landscape.
- Plan and execute audits of processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment.
- Be a key influencer of operational efficiency and well controlled change management.
- Ensure the operational audit team works seamlessly with members of the internal controls, compliance, and fraud pillars of the Internal Audit team to plan and execute operational audit work, thus eliminating duplicate efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Present findings and recommendations to the executive team and actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Execute ad hoc projects, such as process reviews, investigations, etc.
- Participate in corporate risk assessment activities and help execute the corporate enterprise risk management plan.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.), emerging trends and best practices.
What you’ll need
- Strong understanding of processes, risks and controls.
- Knowledge of IT and business processes and how they intersect with financial transactions.
- Understanding of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, COSO and PCAOB Rules.
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years Audit experience.
Bonus points if
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience.
- Previous experience in high volume transactional payment environment.
- Technology and/or media specific industry experience.
- Ability to code SQL.
About the team
We provide assurance and advisory work through collaborative engagement with business and functional leaders focused on governance, risk management processes and controls in a variety of financial, technology, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risk areas. Our 2018 priorities are designed to strengthen Uber’s financial integrity, support ethics and anti-corruption initiatives, enable Uber’s success through smart risk management and create a high performing internal audit team. We are growing and will expand internationally and are looking to move up the maturity curve as a department.https://www.uber.com/en-MX/careers/list/37890/