Internal Audit Analyst, Finance at Uber
San Francisco, CA, US
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber Internal Audit is looking to hire an Internal Audit Analyst. We're looking for a candidate with business process, IT and financial internal controls experience who is excited to help support the build-out of the internal controls program at Uber. The ideal candidate will have experience with documenting and testing manual business process and IT internal controls. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Manager, Financial Audit.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the development of a global internal controls program
- Work with management to document business processes and key controls
- Support audits of financial processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment
- Support ad hoc projects, such as due diligence reviews, readiness assessments, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of findings and recommendations and support communication to the executive team
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Pursuing certification in 1 or more of the following: CPA, CISA, or CIA.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 25 percent).
- At least 1–2 years audit experience
- Experience with execution and documentation of SOX readiness reviews or implementation of internal controls
- Knowledge of business and IT processes and how they intersect with financial transactions
- Must be able to complete assignments on a timely basis within budget and deadline
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, COSO, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5, IIA standards and audit processes and procedures
- Public accounting and/or start-up experience, a plus
- Oracle, ACL, and SQL knowledge, a plus
About the Team
We enable business agility while intelligently managing risks through: Internal Controls, Sox Compliance, Fraud Risk Management, Operation Excellence, ERM, Investigations, Business Enablement and Compliance Audits.